How to Navigate Virtual Conference
We are looking forward to hosting you at the 58th annual conference of the Eastern Academy of Management. I write this to provide some details on how to navigate the virtual conference.
For the 2021 Eastern Academy of Management Conference, we will be using the virtual platform Attendify. We are using Attendify, which will contain all of the information you will need (such as session times, zoom links, passwords, etc.) in one place. Attendify also allows us to create dedicated spaces to engage attendees throughout the conference and provide access to all conference information for a year. There are two ways to access EAM2021@Virtual on Attendify. You can use one or both ways to access Attendify.
If you created a profile on webpage and then join the app (or vice versa), you do not need to create a profile again. To familiarize yourself with Attendify, you can follow this link
- Webpage: Click on https://ve.attendify.com/index/lkauto/s_lkauto/ and enter your email address. Please use the email address you used to register for the conference. Create your profile and a password. Next, you will get an email to verify the account you used to create your account. Please verify the email, and you have joined our event. We highly recommend that you update your profile once you join our event; please upload your picture, so there is a face to the name when people see you on the social wall of the app. You can also put your bio and other contact information.
- App: Download the Attendify app by using this link https://attendify.com/app/lkauto/ . Open the app and search for the 2021 Eastern Academy of Management. Once the event shows up, click on join and enter your email address. Please use the same email address you used to register for EAM2021. Next, you will have to verify the email you used to create your account. Please verify the email, and then you are in.
All the presentations, panels, workshops will be held in zoom. Please make sure to install the latest version of zoom if you are using the app version of Zoom.
You will need to be signed into your Zoom account. If you do not have a Zoom account, you can follow the instructions here. We highly recommend using a desktop client or mobile app of zoom for the best experience. You will find your zoom links for your sessions and others on the Attendify platforms.
Conference Attendees will have the option to join zoom sessions inside Attendify’s platform or open within the native zoom app
- All Zoom rooms will have a Host/Co-host and Session Chair. Host/Co-host control meeting participant, video, audio, chat, digital raise hand. Session Chair moderate the session presentation and Q&A. Some rooms may have these roles combined
- To have the best experience, it would be nice to have everyone have their cameras on.
- All participants must have their full name displayed during meeting; device name is not acceptable. To change name, click on the icon labeled "Participants" at the bottom center of your device screen, hover your mouse over your name in the “Participants” list on the right side of the Zoom window. Click on “Rename”. Enter the name and click on “OK”.
- All microphones should be on mute if not speaking. To mute/unmute microphone, click on the microphone icon at the bottom center of your device screen.
- ·Audience needs to request speaking permission by raising hand digitally in Zoom. How to raise hand digitally? During a meeting, click on the icon labeled "Participants" at the bottom center of your device screen. At the bottom of the “Participants window” on the right side of the screen, click the blue hand or button labeled "Raise Hand." This brings the participant on the top so that host/co-host can recognize her/him to speak.
- The chat feature may or may not be available depending on which session/room you are attending. The session chair will give you instructions on chat.
Social Hours and Poster sessions will be on Spatial Chat. We will provide links in the Attendify App. Spatial chat is a virtual environment that mimics an actual physical space, and you can navigate through a virtual space. Instructions on how to use spatial chat can be found here.